Sunday, April 13, 2014

Where have I been?

Well....where have I been??  All over the place, I guess is the easy answer.  And I am not quite sure what happened to my blogging. I think that blogging was part of my daily routine, and when my routine got disrupted, I sort of lost that part of my day???  I know, it doesn't make much sense to me either!!

We flew home to Canada, from Arizona for Christmas...arrived home on Dec 20 and had 25 people for Christmas dinner on Dec 22! And yes, I even managed to get the Christmas tree up and decorated! It was great to be home and see the whole fandamily :)

Then a week after Christmas we were off to Hawaii for a month! (it is a tough life, I know!) We have a time share, and have always gone to Maui, which we love, but this year decided to try somewhere different, so we went to Kauai instead. It is a smaller island than Maui, and much more rural. Very lush and green and beautiful...and very quiet!!



Lots of turtles just off the edge of the rocks...I guess they feed there.


We did lots of hiking, golfing and relaxing by the pool. And I found the greatest little quilt shop with very friendly staff. If you are ever in Kauai, you need to stop in for a visit! The Kapaia Stitchery on the Kuhio Highway...



We were home for a couple of days, then back to the sun in Arizona! (photo by my daughter, Kara@ Inspired Photography)

We saw our first rattlesnake!! Up close and personal!! A little too up close for my liking. We were out hiking in the desert and Jack planted his hiking pole and must of scared the snake. It reared up...hissed and rattled....and we ran! I didn't realize the rattle was so loud!! But it sure got us moving! Once we were well out of striking distance, we crept back to take some pictures and marvel at how big the snake was, how difficult they are to actually see, and how lucky we were that he didn't strike!
Whew!

I have been doing quite a bit of sewing in Arizona....I will be showing off some of my finishes over the next few days. Here are a couple of the small quilts...

This is a pattern from the Moda Bake Shop...very cute...and quick and easy. I made this with a jelly of roll of Road 15 by Sweetwater.  It is only about 48"x 55". My daughter claimed this one right away...so it is gone already!!


This cute quilt was made from a jelly roll of Mamma Said Sew  by Sweetwater.  The pattern, called All Lined Up is available here.  It finishes about 58" x 79".

Anyway. ....I don't want this post to get too long..so will save some for another day....hopefully soon! ; )

3 comments:

  1. Welcome back to your blog! It will be fun to see more of what you've been up to!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, sounds like you've had some great adventures! Everything looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great to hear from you. Sounds like a busy few months. Lovely jelly roll quilts. It's good to find good patterns for pre cuts in reckon.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment or just say hello....It's nice to know I am not talking to myself!