Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Christmas crafting underway!

I have started making a few little gifts ..about time, I guess!!

First up is these really cute little ear bud pockets. There is a great tutorial here. (Dog Under My Desk)..very easy.   And what great stocking stuffers..uses up lots of little scraps too..bonus.

Instead of using a ring on the tab, though, I added a clip.

I only had two on hand, so for some of them I used small caribiners.

I also tried the top stitching around the outside edge, but couldn't get it smooth, so liked the look without it better. Word of warning ...first time I trimmed the edges too close....(guess this one is for me)


Another small, quick project are these toothbrush rollups... (found on Pinterest  from My Little Darlings)

I just used face cloths, and quickly stitched up the sides and then divided the pocket into 4 and stitched it up too. I used a fun shoe lace for the tie up..

What a great idea, though...when you get home, you just throw it in the wash and it is ready for your next trip!

Now...back to work...Christmas is coming!!

linking up to WIP Wed at Freshly Pieced..

And TN&TN..

And dont forget to come back tomorrow for Saskatchewan day of the Blogathon Canada!!
                                          Blogathon Canada

14 comments:

  1. What a great idea those little earbud pockets are! Perfect for travelers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, you have just given me some wonderful ideas for stocking stuffers. I just love the ear bud case, it could also be used as a small change purse for the car. thanks so much for sharing, just in time for the holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Terrific ideas and thanks for the links.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the ideas. On the one you trimmed so close, add a patch, like leaf shaped, or a purchased patch, and say you meant to do that. No one need know.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kjempe ide ! Tror jeg må lage en sånn til mine, takk for iden :)
    Ha en fin morgendag :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the link to the earbud pattern. These would make great little gifts for all ages and wiuld double nicely as coin purses or token holders.

    ReplyDelete
  7. great blog site....from an Ontario quilter

    ReplyDelete
  8. I live in Missouri, USA (just about the center of the United States.) Thanks for a great giveaway.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I follow you on Bloglovin
    jeannegwin@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi, I'm from Toronto, Ontario - 5 minutes from Sew Sisters! I am completely new to this. By the way, what is a QAL?
    cheryl.moscoe@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cool gifts, thanks for sharing
    Pop over to my blog and see what's happening....http://goodearthquilting.blogspot.ca/2013/11/crazy-quilts-made-modern.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the toothbrush roll idea! Why don't I think of such easy yet cool ideas!?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Totally love the toothbrush caddy! I think I need to make some for my nieces and nephews for next year's advent calendar gifts! Cute, useful and not expensive - my kind of craft! Thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment or just say hello....It's nice to know I am not talking to myself!