Friday, October 19, 2012

nothing finished for Friday :(

Well, I have not been very productive this week...somehow the time just seems to fly by with other things, and I haven't gotten much sewing done.

I did go to quilt guild though...and won 2 fat quarters!! Lucky me!! I  never win anything, so that was a nice treat!

And I did start working on something new...a Briar Rose quilt. I just fell in love with this when I saw it over at England Street Quilts. And she has a free pattern and tutorial on the blog..thank you Shontelle!

Anyway, I am using the last of my Strawberry Fields fabric...love that stuff!! This will look like the one in the tutorial..because that is what I fell in love with..so wanted mine to look the same. (I know, I have no imagination!!)

Now I remember why I am scared of triangles!!  I am being very careful, so I am hoping that all my points will  match up.

 I am using my Hera marker to score the stitching line of the little squares...it seems to be working great!

I will let you know how this turns out!

On a different note...I was visiting my daughter in Calgary last week, and as it is getting colder here she got this cute little coat for Zoe, her puppy.. I think she likes it too!!

1 comment:

  1. That fabric is just luscious, isn't it? I don't have any but I drool over it every time I see it on someone's blog. :) Congrats on your fabric win, that is so fun. And I love your granddog's coat---mine will not wear one. :/

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment or just say hello....It's nice to know I am not talking to myself!