Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Work in Progress Wednesday

I do feel a lot more organized when I limit the number of projects that are on the go at once...but it does make for kind of boring blogging when you see the same thing over and over!!

This week I am trying to finish the "Memories of Paris" quilt....( the last of my Etching fabric)

The FMQ is going really smoothly (touch wood!! hehe) but wow...it seems to go on FOREVER!
This quilt is about70"x80". I have gone back to my standby favourite pattern, the echo teardrops...

Along the border I am using a freehand swirling kind of thing... (sorry about the color, it is actually black)

Hope to get it finished and the binding and label on this week!

Now I am going to check on all the other wonderful things going on at The Needle and Thread Network
and Lee's Freshly Pieced Work in Progress Wednesday.

15 comments:

  1. When you photo a piece under the machine - turn the sewing machine's light off - then you will get a 'true' color. I can't wait to see this one in completion!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is going to be a wonderful quilt. I have some Etchings and haven't cut into it, I just love it. Your machine quilting in outstanding.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!! Your quilt is looking wonderfu Flo...I like the echo teardrop...you do a great job with the FMQ. I have only been washing walls and furniture this week. Last week worked outside. But one of these days I will finish some sewing...lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm going to echo the above posters...this is going to be wonderful! I'm admiring your FMQ. I haven't been able to convince myself to try to do it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like its going to be a great quilt! Can't wait to see the finished pictures! =D

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm not bored...very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your reasoning behind calling your blog "butterfly quilting". You could also say that you "flutter by" things as well, lol! At least, that would describe me. Lovely quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks like a good pattern for the top.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is turning out really lovely, it will be nice to see the whole top of the quilt spread out,

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just love your echo teardrop quilting - and you are right about not tackling too many projects at once.....

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm looking forward to seeing the finish:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think it's amazing a person can machine quilt a full-size quilt. Not sure I'll ever be one of them. :(

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment or just say hello....It's nice to know I am not talking to myself!