Sunday, December 4, 2011

Arizona progress

I really try to be careful when cutting and making sure that I have 1/4 inch seams.....but somehow when I start sewing all the blocks together I find there are still bits that are not quite perfect! How can that be??? I guess many small mistakes makes a visible mistake!

I always have that moment of panic where I think there is going to be a disaster...but then...it all seems to come together..  and I am somehow always surprised when things actually do match up !!

So, today I am going to try to get the border on....

And maybe get the backing ready. Unfortunately we are leaving to go home to Canada tomorrow, so I won't get to finish this until our next trip down here...maybe in April!! Guess it just gives me something else to look forward to.

Here is a test run on our bed!!  It is a big one..I think about 92"x 104"!! That will be a lot of FMQ practice!!

10 comments:

  1. This came out so beautiful, Flo! And I think the worry over the 'too orange' fabric was for naught as I think it gives a bit of POP. I would have seperation anxiety over leaving this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a big quilt! The colors remind me of the colors I saw when I traveled through Arizona three years ago. Beautiful. Great job.
    Travel safely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely big quilt - the colours are wonderful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think sometimes we forget we are working with fabric with our own hands. Even with an accurate 1/4" seam etc., we still have lots of variables. So what we end up with is often quite amazing in spite of how imperfect we see it ourselves. Got to cut ourselves some slack! Your quilt is beautiful! Have a good trip home!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Great work. It looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Quilt looks great..love the fabrics..and take it easy with that FMQ. I can't wait to see it finished though. you know how I love your quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Not to worry, your quilt top is perfect. Beautiful colors.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks great flo, have a safe trip home!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Arizona is coming along well and I love that border fabric! Really cool!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It looks great. The colors are so rich. If every bit was perfect, it wouldn't look handmade!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment or just say hello....It's nice to know I am not talking to myself!