Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Garden tour

First of all....thank you to all of you who voted for my "Garden Quilt" over at the Quilters Gallery weekly contest. I had never entered anything like that before! Of course there were many, many amazing quilts entered...so I was not in the running for the winning prize, but it was fun anyway!

Speaking of gardens....there are finally some signs of spring here in my backyard....
the prairie crocus....

the tulips are FINALLY out in bloom...


and I spent some time on the weekend planting and getting the pots of flowers for the deck....



I love summer...I love flowers : )
and my sister gave me this stained glass butterfly that spends the summer among the flowers in my yard

5 comments:

  1. Of course there should be a butterfly in your garden. Just love the flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your flowers are beautiful. Enjoy sitting outside with the wonderful view.
    Hugs
    donna

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love flowers and summer too (as long as it isn't as hot as last year)! Our tulips are long gone...my roses are blooming like crazy right now. I just love looking out and seeing color instead of all brown!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your garden is so lovely! I have to garden vicariously because I am so afraid of bugs, especially the flying ones, that I don't want to have flowers anywhere near a walkway or house entrance! I know, I'm a weakling about this ... especially since I love flowers (lol)! Thanks for the afternoon walk through yours!

    I also want to tell you that I loved your Garden Quilt and went to the contest to see it. I decided to enter this week's contest with my bird quilt. Thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment or just say hello....It's nice to know I am not talking to myself!